MariaDB does not have binlog-in-InnoDB (https://mariadb.com/docs/server/server-management/server-monitoring-logs/binary-log/innodb-based-binary-log) enabled here?
Why this assessment of MySQL 9.7.0 vs Mariadb 13.0.1 for threadpool MariaDB’s thread pool is open source; MySQL’s requires a commercial license and some variation is there so, I thought of assessing to know the real gain of threadpool in terms of performance. This performance assessment, I did on on my 6 core ubuntu 24.0 laptop for read-only, read-write and tpcc cached workloads. Here, a cached/memory-bound workload means that data fully fits into buffer-pool. Since, threadpool is available in commercial MySQL so, I could not test it and hope it will be opensource like other commercial features were added to 9.7.0 community edition. I took latest build of MySQL commnunity 9.7.0 and Mariadb 13.0.1 to have all recent changes. Summary Threadpool did not have significant impact in case of Mariadb for read/read-write loads. But, threadpool had very good impact in TPCC workload and it showed +400% gain wrt no-TP Mar...
Why this bog : I thought of sharing what I leanred from recent perforamance/benchmark assessment of duckdb storage engine for mariadb Setup First of all, if you want setup duckdb for mariadb , please refer 2 good blogs: 1.https://mariadb.org/duckdb-storage-engine-for-mariadb-when-the-sea-lion-learns-to-quack/ - In case, you want to build from source and install. Note : In case you find issue related to libcrypt you can try this: sed -i 's/libxcrypt-dev/libcrypt-dev/g' /test-data/clones/mdb-server/storage/duckdb/duckdb/build.sh (modify path as per you cloned path) USER="mysql" GROUP="mysql" DEFAULT_MDB_DATADIR=/var/lib/mysql/ INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr sudo chown "$USER:$GROUP" /run/mysqld sudo "$INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/mariadbd-safe" --datadir="$DEFAULT_MDB_DATADIR" & ( above , in case you want to shutdown and start mariadb again) 2. https://mariadb.org/mariadb-duckdb-a-new-playground-for-a...
Why database performance assessment with Kubernetes Now a days, Kubernetes is being used to manage databases like MySQL/Mariadb for reasons like manageability etc. However, the real question is whether we are aware of the performance overhead costs. So, the objective of my assessment is to find out actual overhead with different runtime like docker or container. Approach I used, mariadb's open-source framework TAF , to run sysbench's point-select memory bound test ( data fits into buffer-pool) against latest MySQL image , 9.7.0 . Sysbench's memory bound point-select is CPU-intensive test which stress system the most. I executed test in "standalone" mode (both mysqld server and client 'sysbench' are running on my laptop). sysbench's 8 tables x 5 million rows ~1 GB data which fits into 2 GB BP. I have kept config same for all tests. I have done testing on my laptop - 6 core, 8 GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5...
MariaDB does not have binlog-in-InnoDB (https://mariadb.com/docs/server/server-management/server-monitoring-logs/binary-log/innodb-based-binary-log) enabled here?
ReplyDeleteMy apologies, I missed "default binlog" in the post. Surprising indeed
Deletein mysql binlog was enabled by default and in mariadb, its off so I enabled it so comaprison is binlog on in mysql vs binlog on in mariadb
ReplyDelete